[mythtv] 0.25 Metadata v. Mac OS X

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Tue Mar 27 01:37:43 UTC 2012

At 6:44 PM -0400 3/26/12, Yves Cayer wrote:
>Here's the attachment.
>
>This is still just a proof of concept. There's an issue with the
>python version number and also this doesn't take care of any
>dependencies. In fact, the MySQLdb module required by the bindings
>has proven to be a pain to deal with, and it doesn't look to be
>possible to include those dependencies with the package directly
>without some sort of installer, or, as you mentioned previously,
>including python and all required libs in the app bundle.
>
>If one can deal with the bindings separately, then this solution
>takes care of adding mythmetadatlookup to the bundle. It would be
>simple to add it to the fronted bundle as well.
>
>Doesn't XBMC distribute python and libs as part of their app bundle?

Thanks for the diff.  Looks like it might apply to the regular osx-packager.pl.

Have you actually run the frontend and backend built from
osx-packager-qtsdk.pl?  Any gotchas?

As far as I can remember, I've only ever gotten the MySQL-python
module to install in 32 bit mode.  (I'm going to have a go at this
again tomorrow.)  After numerous blind alleys on the Internet, I came
across notes that boiled down to:

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/mysql/lib/
export VERSIONER_PYTHON_PREFER_64_BIT=no
export VERSIONER_PYTHON_PREFER_32_BIT=yes

See
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3061277/python-mysql-wrong-architecture-error>

After that, "sudo easy_install MySQL-python" worked without a hitch.

Craig