[mythtv] Mac OS X build error "ld: -L <blank>"

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 16:14:51 UTC 2012

Hi

On Wednesday, 28 March 2012, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:

> I've been comparing my results to the osx buildbot and I can't seem what
I'm failing to do or doing differently.

The issue is a bug in Qt in that is simplifies to much libraries being
added, if it was added earlier, the new line is simplified so you can end
up with empty configuration.

The issue is also with how myth create/call qmake, it's just not portable
on a mac.

I wish you good luck however, it has taken me 2 weeks to get a build script
that work reliably with Xcode 4/llvm and using per-build version of Qt.

What you're attempting to do isn't for the faint hearted.

> Craig
> * I'm trying to 'scratch my itch' for functional Perl and Python bindings
on OS X.  I hope to install the binding dependencies with MacPorts and
build with the bindings installed in the normal spots rather than in the
.app bundle.  If I can get this to work, I'll certainly share.

I am planning to work on this later. I was overseas the past 10 days. So if
you just wait a bit, you may get something that works.