[mythtv] Found a severe decoding bug in mythffplay

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri May 4 04:41:43 UTC 2012

On 5/3/2012 23:39, Mark Robinson wrote:
> I just upgraded to MythTV-0.25-fixes and I've found a rather serious
> decoding bug.
>
> If you use mythffplay to play a video file then the blue and red color
> channels will be reversed.
>
> If I play the video on a different machine, it works fine.
> If I play the video using Xine or mplayer on the same machine, it
> works fine.
>
> Only mythffplay causes problems.

If `mythffplay` doesn't work, the best option would be to disable it, or
just simply not use it.  MythTV's diagnostic playback tool is
`mythavtest`.  We added `mythffmpeg` to give a static copy of the ffmpeg
transcoding utility for scripts to use, built off MythTV's internal
snapshot of the ffmpeg libraries.  `mythffplay` gets compiled for no
reason other than we could.