[mythtv] mythtv branch master updated by gigem. v0.26-pre-173-g71c65ba

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Tue May 8 01:18:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 8:16 AM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 07:58:11PM -0600, John P Poet wrote:
>> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Git Repo Owner <noreply at mythtv.org> wrote:
>> > Add recording rule templates.
>> > Recording rule templates are used to initialize new recording rules.
>> > Templates can also be used to modify existing rules.  The "Default"
>> > template replaces several, individual settings previously available in
>> > the Setup wizard.  Those settings are automatically propagated to the
>> > Default template.
>> >
>> > Templates can be added, edited and deleted from within the Recording
>> > Rules screen.  To add a new template, choose MENU / "New Template" and
>> > then enter the name of the new template.  To edit a template,
>> > highlight it and then choose ENTER or EDIT to bring up the schedule
>> > editor.  To delete a template, highlight it and then choose DELETE or
>> > edit it and change the type to "Delete this recording rule template."
>>
>> I think this is an awesome feature.  Unfortunately, I seem to be
>> missing something...
>>
>> When I hit 'M'enu within the Recording Rule screen, the only I option
>> I see in the list, is "Use Template".  "New Template" is not an
>> option.  If I click on "Use Template", the only item in the list is
>> "Default".
>>
>> Do I need to do something to get "New Template" to be an option?
>
> It sounds like you're in the Schedule Editor (where you can change the
> type and other settings for a single recording rule.  That's the only
> place the "Use Template" options comes up.  The "New Template" menu
> option is in the Recording Rules (and Set Priorities) screens.  That's
> where you have a list of all of your recording rules.  They are both
> under the "Manage Recordings" screen off the main main menu.

Indeed.  The only times I have been on that screen in the last year,
was to test theming it.  It just did not occur to me, that that was
the screen you meant.

I take it, for the auto-selection to work, that the template name must
match including case.  I created a template called "Movie", but it did
not automatically get selected when I added a "Find One" rule for a
"Type: movie".  At least when I checked the filters, they did not
match what I had selected in the "Movie" template.

It might be nice to put the template name into a field that the theme
can display in the Schedule Editor, to let the user know which
template has been auto-selected for that rule.

Thanks, David, this is a very useful feature.

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?