[mythtv] SQL to determine if a specific encoder is recording

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu May 10 22:31:39 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 9:54 PM, A McDermott <list at mcdermotts.ca> wrote:
> Looking for SQL (or pointers to appropriate join/tables) which will
> allow me to determine if a particular encoder is busy.

I would consider using the MythTV bindings rather than
direct SQL access.

My (vague) recollection is (at least) the python bindings
allow you to determine if a tuner is currently in use
(isRecording), and you can get the list of scheduled
recordings (getScheduledRecordings).

Last I looked, the bindings were not as well documented
as one might wish(*), but perhaps if you can update the
wiki as you find issues.

Gary

(*) I would be pleased to know I am wrong here.