[mythtv] Myth Protocol version 74

Gregory Moyer moyerg at syphr.com
Fri May 11 22:35:39 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 9:24 AM, danielk <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On 05/10/2012 10:54 PM, Gregory Moyer wrote:
>>
>> I'm sure this is a silly question, but can someone tell me what part
>> of the protocol changed in version 74
>>
>> (https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/3fb9d6eb779e08d91df8a849a5be38e219c34bed)?
>> I maintain a Java library that speaks the Myth protocol, but I'm not
>> sure what change(s) I need to implement to be compatible with 74.
>> Thanks.
>

> There were no changes. I accidentally bumped the version because earlier
> versions of the patch required a protocol change. The protocol changes
> were avoided in later versions but the protocol bump remained. The
> format of config.xml has changed, so if you are reading that please
> look at the latest version.
>
> -- Daniel

Thanks, Daniel. That was the easiest protocol change implementation
since I started this writing this library.

>2) We are trying to get people to use the new services interface:
>
>http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Services_API
>
>This should in the long term be more reliable
>than munging binary data to/from port 6543

Nigel,

I'm very appreciative of the new Services API and it certainly makes a
nice integration point going forward. Rest assured my library supports
it in addition to the low-level Myth protocol and the frontend network
control socket.