[mythtv] Watching/recording the same channel/show from 2 tuners simultaniously causes both recordings to be entered in the database as a LiveTV recording

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 15:10:38 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 9:03 PM, Marc Tousignant <myrdhn at gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed something interesting last night and before I logged it as a bug,
> wanted to know if maybe someone had already seen it and it was fixed already
> and I just missed the change log.
>

> I'm using an early 0.26 fixed build, see below, and watched via LiveTV a
> show I was also recording. I had a guest over and we watched The Walking
> Dead live, and to not screw up their web sync thing, we did not pause or
> rewind. As I have multiple tuners, the LiveTV and the recording occurred on
> different tuners.
>
> After watching the show, I wanted to go back and rewatch something that I
> missed in the live broadcast, and the recording did not show in my
> recordings list. I checked the LiveTV recording list and found that both the
> LiveTV and the recorded show both were listed there. I knew which was which
> as one of them had the metadata and the other one did not.
>
> I rectified the issue by modifying the record of the one with metadata to
> put it into Default, but this should not happen.
>

> Has anyone seen this before? Where if you watch a channel you are
> simultaneously recording using separate tuners, both recordings show in
> LiveTV?
>

> # mythbackend --version
>
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
>
> MythTV Version : v0.26.0-2-ga49c750
>
> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.26
>
> Network Protocol : 75
>
> Library API : 0.26.20120822-1
>
> QT Version : 4.8.3
>
> Options compiled in:
>
> linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_backend
> using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb
> using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libxml2
> using_mheg using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr
> using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
> using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg
> using_libxml2
>

> MarcT

This looks like it could be part of the live tv recording bug where a
scheduled recording initiated while watching live tv puts the
recording in the live tv group instead of the group the schedule
dictates. it could of course be something completely different with
the same outcome, but I'm going to guess it is a symptom of the same
problem.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!