[mythtv] DVD dropping back to the frontend at the menu. PCM_DVD problem?

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Wed Nov 28 19:17:40 UTC 2012

On 28/11/12 18:50, Neil Salstrom wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
>> Can you please post a log snippet from 0.25-fixes when playing a DVD that
>> you know doesn't work in 0.26? I'd like to see if there are any differences
>> in the output.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> Paul H.

> I'll do that this evening.  What log options would you like?
> --playback,audio or something else?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Neil

I'm interested to see if you still see the 'AFD: codec PCM_DVD has 0
channels' messages in 0.25 so I think the default verbose setting will
do. Do you also see the 0 channels messages for any DVD's with AC3 audio
as well?

If you still see the 0 channels messages then I know what has changed.
You could try commenting out lines 210 to 213 here
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/fixes/0.26/mythtv/external/FFmpeg/libavcodec/pcm.c#L210

That check doesn't appear in 0.25 but does in 0.26 and is what is
causing the codec to fail to init. Exactly how we fix that properly is
anyone's guess but if it works it points us in the right direction :)

Paul H.