[mythtv] Need assistance making a MythTV internals diagram

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Fri Apr 19 16:11:24 UTC 2013

I'm trying to get an accurate representation of the inner workings of
mythtv (even a simplified representation). I think it will help
troubleshooting efforts if we knew how things were supposed to work
together.

I'm doing this because there doesn't seem to be anyone that knows (even a
broad overview) what each of the parts of mythtv does. That's not saying
anything bad about anyone, just that mythtv does a lot of stuff and is a
bit complicated (as any project that has been developed for 10 years would
be)

So what I need for this diagram

1) What is mythtranscode, mythjobqueue, mythmediaserver, and mythpreviewgen
writing to the database

2) What is mythfrontend doing with the database

3) what is the master backend doing with the secondary backend (and vice
versa)

4) what is mythweb doing with the database and backends

5) Am I missing anything

Here is the diagram I have so far.

https://creately.com/diagram/hfo8sxpf1

Thanks,