[mythtv] OS X Build Slave

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Fri Feb 8 20:23:40 UTC 2013

On 07/02/2012 09:51 PM, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>> Hi:
>>
>> Just noticed that the OS X build slave is still down:
>>
>> http://code.mythtv.org/buildbot/builders
>>
>> Apparently it hasn't run since May 17, 2012?  Is there a hardware problem or
>> something else?
>
> It was intentionally taken down as Stuart is working on getting it
> running with the new build script, and I guess he's been a busy man.

Better late than never (only 1yr & 1day :), i'll reply.

The basic problem is my mac mini is one of the original Core Duo based
Intel models. This is 32 bit only hardware.

32bit only compiler support was discontinued, and now you can only get
recent compilers for 64bit OSX's.

Combine that with the most recent compiler I could get my hands on would
ICE building parts of the code we know are fine (and they build fine
with the newer 64bit only compilers) I essentially hit a dead end.

So the big stick came out, and the OSX builder is no more, and it is now
the Fedora 17 32 bit builder :)

But now they've released fedora 18....... +todo list

Stuart