[mythtv] Mythlcdserver crashes often

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Sat Feb 16 13:48:48 UTC 2013

> HI!
>
> For a long time, (probably after upgrading from a 20x2 LCD to a 20x4
> LCD), mythlcdserver crashes very often for me. And when it does, it
> will
> display only menu navigation and backend recordings from there on and
> no
> more info for watching a recording. This happens on 2 different
> machines. One with a real display and one with ncurses simulation.
>
> Using lcdproc 0.5.2
>
> Because I had an outdated MythTV version (0.23.1) since now, I did not
>
> But now I have 0.26-20130121 and I still see the same crashes. In the
> past, it just died and now I get some crash information. Maybe this
> helps:

I've seen the same thing.
Mythlcdserver have a tendency to crash and on some rare occasions it also
decides to eat lots of ram.
Usually several gb before eventually crashing.

I'm also seeing mythfrontend crashing at startup from time to time.
And that’s why I've had to create a script for starting the frontend that
restarts it if it stops.

I've got more crashes too, mythcommflag crashes when I tell it to index
video files.
Same as discussed in this thread I found:
http://www.mentby.com/Group/mythtv-users/mythcommflag-vs-mythtranscode-for-v
ideos.html