[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch fixes/0.25 updated by jyavenard. v0.25.3-21-g76a4f04

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 04:22:11 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 6:11 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 January 2013 15:36, scram69 <scram69 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jean-Yves,
>>
>> This 0.25 build has been working quite well for me on my 10.7
>> frontend.  However, I've got a new mac running 10.8, and this build
>> just gives a white screen on playback.  -v playback does not produce
>> any error messages, just the normal playback log output.  I had to go
>> back to your build from 04 June in /files/mythtv/mac/old
>> (v0.25-146-gb1b516e) and use the quartz-blit video renderer to get
>> playback working under 10.8.
>>
>> Do you have a build of 0.25 that is working under 10.8 that you could post?
> that's the latest.
> http://www.avenard.org/files/mythtv/mac/MythFrontend-v0.25.3-21-g76a4f04.dmg
>
> that was build on a 10.8 machines...
> can't remember if it's a universal or 64 bits build though...
>
> Try editing the playback profile (select VDA normal)

Yes, I was using VDA normal.  Unfortunately, I had forgotten about the
Qt painter/ white screen issue that Mike pointed out above.  Its in
the "Appearance" settings as opposed to Playback.  It bit me last
spring, but at that time IIRC, there was a Users thread describing the
problem and I quickly found the solution.  I must be getting old...

Sorry for the false alarm.  v0.25.3-21-g76a4f04.dmg is now working
nicely for me on 10.8.2.  I built this frontend with an i3-3225 using
the integrated HD-4000 graphics.  1080i playback and Kernel 2x
de-interlacer uses about 1.5 cores out of 4 and looks fabulous.  h264
playback with VDA barely registers... Thanks!

Steve