[mythtv] Mythtv 0.26 build problem for Fedora Rawhide

Jonathan jonathan.625266 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 5 20:27:03 UTC 2013

Just wanted to mention I have also come across this problem on Arch Linux.  Of note, although build fails  in libavdevice/alsa-audio-common.o when compiling Myth, the same libraries compile normally when building the current  Arch  FFmpeg package.  Also, I have not seen any reports of other programs that depend on alsa-lib failing to build. Could this be a problem with  the FFmpeg version used by Myth .26 rather than an ALSA problem? If so, it  might make more sense to  patch the relevant files in /mythtv/external/FFmpeg/libavdevice/ rather than  /usr/include/alsa/asoundlib.h.