[mythtv] Fedora 18, Android Client, Activie Bit Rate Server

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 19:56:09 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 2:51 PM, David Highley <
dhighley at highley-recommended.com> wrote:

> "Daniel Frey wrote:"
> >
> > --===============1872223080223963152==
> >
> > --0015175907fa44c67604d3086f99
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 2:29 PM, David Highley <
> > dhighley at highley-recommended.com> wrote:
> >
> > > A few questions prompted by near term updates to system and new
> devices.
> > >
> > > Are there any issues for Fedora 18 support soon after release?
> > >
> > > The live flash stream functionality is nice, but flash is rapidly being
> > > sunseted so will there be active bit rate server functionality added?
> > > If so will the Android client that I see is in develpment work with it.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >

> > David,
> >
> > In the preferences in Mythtv Android Fronted, you can adjust the video
> > playback profiles to whatever settings you like.  The HLS Stream will get
> > produced with whatever playback profile is selected in whichever Location
> > profile is selected.
>
> Is this new functionality in mythtv version 26? Still on mythtv 25.3 as
> it is running on Fedora 16. I had read about the HLS Streamiing but it
> nothing indicates active rates which makes the view experience much
> better if your on celluar and moving around.
>

> > Dan
> > --
> > My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>
> >
> > --0015175907fa44c67604d3086f99

> class=3D"gmail=
> > _quote">On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 2:29 PM, David Highley <span
> dir=3D"ltr">&l=
> > t;<a href=3D"mailto:dhighley at highley-recommended.com"
> target=3D"_blank">dhi=
> .8ex;border-left:1p=
> > x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">A few questions prompted by near term
> update=
> > s to system and new devices.<br>
> > Are there any issues for Fedora 18 support soon after release?<br>
> > The live flash stream functionality is nice, but flash is rapidly
> being<br>
> > sunseted so will there be active bit rate server functionality added?<br>
> > If so will the Android client that I see is in develpment work with
> it.<br>
> > Thanks.<br>
> style>=
> can =
> > adjust the video playback profiles to whatever settings you like.
> =C2=A0The=
> >  HLS Stream will get produced with whatever playback profile is selected
> in=
> >  whichever Location profile is selected.</div>
> http://www.googl=
> > e.com/profiles/dmfrey" target=3D"_blank">My Google Profile</a><br>
> >
> > --0015175907fa44c67604d3086f99--

The playback profiles have always been available in the android app.  They
are there to allow you to transcode the videos to what ever size is
acceptable to you for your data plan, etc.

The values you specify are used when communicating with the backend how to
transcode the video.

We have some reasonable defaults in there, but you are free to change them
to whatever you like.

--
My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>