[mythtv] how mythtv handles udp multicast of mpeg ts stream having multiple streams

radhika g gradhika.dn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 12:27:25 UTC 2013

I am trying to do udp multicast and record on mythtv.

playlist.m3u has:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,1 - testudp
udp://@239.255.0.0:5000

when the incoming ts streams has only one stream, mythtv is able to display
 in WatchTv  on "channel 1" and we are also able to record the mpg video.

But when incoming mpg ts has multiple streams(say 5 streams), we are unable
to view video  nor record it.

What would be the expectation:
with 5 streams, which one should be displayed on channel 1.

I think based on the pid, we should be able split  and record the streams.
But since we are giving "channel1" in m3u file, how are we going to display
multiple streams. Any suggestions on how to handle the incoming stream.

thanks & regards,
Radhika