[mythtv] Encrypted ISO playback from back end

Charlie Kempson charlie.kempson at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 30 08:17:55 UTC 2013

Hi,

Can you please tell me what the status of the inclusion of patches developed
by Lawrence Rust (lvr at softsystem.co.uk) allowing steaming of encrypted
ISO's from a backend?  As you will know, this functionality was effectively
broken at 0.24 when storage groups were introduced, and my most recent tests
on 0.25 suggest this is still not working.

The latest reference to this discussion I can find is:

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-August/338794.html

There appears to be a set of tested and working patches available, and from
a "normal user" perspective, it would be great to have this issue fixed into
the mainstream releases.

If there is some reason why this is not possible, are you able to recommend
a workaround?  I do have all ISO's mounted via NFS on every front end, so
there is local access possible.

All the best,

Charlie