[mythtv] update cec support to work with v2 of libcec

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Mon Jun 10 19:43:21 UTC 2013

On 10.06.2013 10:19, mythtv at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk wrote:

> Quoting Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>:
>> There's little reason to even enable CEC at the moment, as the only
>> thing MythTV allows at current is to send a power toggle to the first
>> TV it finds on the bus. I'm intending to set up some form of graphical
>> mapping through the frontend Services API to allow easier definition
>> of devices and behaviors, but have no idea when I might get around to
>> that.
>
> It's nice that you can use the TV remote buttons to operate mythfrontend

mates, CEC is more then just "yet another input device" (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#CEC), there nice things like:
System Standby, OSD Display, Device Menu Control, Routing Control,
Device OSD Name Transfer or System Audio Control...

Actually I find it more interesting to control TV / amp from MythTV then
the other way round!

Regards,
Karl