[mythtv] Wii frontend

Joel Sjögren joelsjogren.wii at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 19:49:59 UTC 2013

Thanks for your reply. The services api looks like what I'm looking for. My
language is c++ by the way.

I've tried some api calls in my browser (chrome). I managed, for example,
to use Channel/GetChannelInfoList. However, Content/AddRecordingLiveStream
is being trickier, giving me the response "501Call to method
failed401Invalid Action". This is my call:
http://192.168.1.64:6544/Content/AddRecordingLiveStream?ChanID=1004&StartTime=2013-06-16T21:19:00
 - ChanID (more on the 'D' later) was obtained through
Channel/GetChannelInfoList
 - StartTime is the current time, as given by `date`: sön 16 jun+ 2013
21.19.+00 CEST. I did not know what the time was going to be used for so I
just used the current time. Maybe the timezone is an issue.

About that 'D': the spellings differ at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_Service#GetChannelInfo and
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Content_Service#AddRecordingLiveStream. This
ambiguity may be part of my problem.

P.S. Sorry if the formatting of this reply is off. It's my first. Criticism
is welcome.

Joel