[mythtv] Wii frontend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 17 16:30:13 UTC 2013

On 06/17/2013 12:12 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Mon Jun 17, 2013 at 12:16:43AM -0400, George Nassas wrote:
>> When the recordings and videos lists merge won?t myth end up with
>> a single ID to reference any kind of video material? I?ve never seen
>> any discussion to that effect but it seems like an obvious move. A
>> welcome one too. Assuming I?m right, that would be the time to unleash
>> client-breaking changes.
> There will be an ID per file.  The recordings and videos will still
> be stored separately, but they'll share a common set of tables for
> things like the file(s) behind the recording or video and the
> seektables associated with those files.  A recording might have
> two files due to an interrupted recording process or multiple
> resolutions such as the original and a transcode or both HD and SD
> versions recorded.  Videos could be similar or have multiple parts
> as is supported currently.
>
> We have also talked about replacing the chanid/starttime with a
> unique RecordingID, but I'm not sure if Michael T. Dean is rolling
> that into the updated schema or if it is feature creep.

Yes, I'll be changing recorded to use a single recordedid, rather than
the chanid/starttime.  But, as Chris mentioned, videos and recordings
will have distinct IDs, as they will still be distinct items.  Much of
the other "supporting" metadata, though, will be shared.

>    The
> original schema design for the shared tables was something that
> I was working on 4 years ago but as with always, our TODO lists
> are a mile long and real life has some of us like me moving at
> a snail's pace so I passed it off.

And I got a bit distracted with real life, too, but should be working on
this after 0.27.

Mike