[mythtv] Wii frontend

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon Jun 17 16:51:07 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-17, at 12:30 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Yes, I'll be changing recorded to use a single recordedid, rather than the chanid/starttime.

Yay!

> But, as Chris mentioned, videos and recordings will have distinct IDs, as they will still be distinct items.  Much of the other "supporting" metadata, though, will be shared.

To clarify: within the same number space? IOW, you won’t be able to have a recording id 10 and a video id 10. 10 might be a recording, 11-15 videos, the next few recordings, etc.

The payoff would be to trim the current parallel APIs where you have start/stop/restart/delete HLS stream for recordings and start/stop/restart/delete HLS stream for videos and the only real difference is how you refer to the media. Same for artwork etc. I imagine you would end up saying “start me a stream on media #26” and the right thing happens behind the scenes. Just askin’

Rereading your statement I think I’m imagining it wrong.

- George