[mythtv] Problems with Hauppauge Nova TD Dual Tuner USB Stick and Mythtv, no problems in Windows!

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu Mar 28 20:06:27 UTC 2013

On Thursday 28 Mar 2013 19:51:50 Another Sillyname wrote:
> If anyone can suggest anything I'm receptive to try it but honestly I
> think something is broken in either the mythtv tuning code or the
> interaction between the tuners and the V4L drivers.

I'm assuming you've done a full scan in MythTV using the internal scanner
(other methods may not work and aren't supported).

It will be the drivers, MythTV deals with all v4l cards in exactly the same
way (strictly adhering to the official API), where this doesn't work it's always
a driver bug. The fact that some apps work doesn't mean that it's a MythTV
fault, just that there are different ways of using the same API.
--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV