[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by paulh. v0.28-pre-530-ge02bbc5

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 23:11:30 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 10:53 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
> We should probably make 1.7 the minimum version in that case or just be a
> devil and jump to 1.8 now? Like Stuart said by the time we release 0.28 even
> dinosaur distros like centos will be using 0.28.

Well, maybe not CentOS 6 (even the enterprise linux vendor's 6.5 beta
still has taglib 1.6), but by the time of 0.28, CentOS 7 has a fair chance
to be out.  Since CentOS 6 cannot build the existing MythTV without
individuals jumping through hoops (due to the Qt 4.8 requirement), I
would say CentOS 6 compatibility has long ago become something that
is no longer a requirement (anyone who can build Qt can build a new
taglib).

Gary