[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jyavenard. v0.28-pre-1094-ge469043

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Apr 28 10:46:01 UTC 2014

> Hi
>
> On 26 April 2014 20:07, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>> Is this likely to fix #11778, #11779 since these seem to relate to
>> ringbuffer fill time and/or duration? Both appear on remote frontends
>> only, not local ones and only with IVTV style (HVR2200 in my case)
>> tuners!!
>
> I'd love to hear if it fixes your issues!

I had a go at those cherry picked commits but had a couple of merge
conflicts which I'm not sure I got the right way round!! The backend ran
OK but the frontend seg faulted - but that may have been more to do with
the different CPU family which will require a distclean of the tree and
compiling from scratch specifically for the frontend ION systems.

Would I be OK to run a modified backend with a stock frontend so I can get
one half stable before tackling the other? I can then update a frontend
that isn't used much and test with that.

Not sure why you are treating the 2 tickets as duplicates though - very
different symptoms, one with the slow start and the other with the
premature end. Odd that live TV is OK, just in progress analog recordings.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks zl3rob/g8ecj