[mythtv] ringbuffer.cpp

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 03:05:12 UTC 2014

On 16 February 2014 09:36, Warpme <warpme at o2.pl> wrote:

> This is also how I understand things. I think there is somewhere bug.
> But we don't know yet in which part of data path it is.
> That's why I propose to start with simplest possible data path as it has
> lower number of variables to check.

downgraded to 3.2 original 12.04 kernel; using your sysconf values and
the issue occurred again in liveTV; another 20+ seconds lock in the
ringbuffer trying to read the data.

iperf on the dedicated internel link ; I get 993Mbit/s between the
backend machine and the NFS server.

Using dd if=/dev/zero of=/path/to/nfs bs=4k count=1M; I get 104MB/s

Using a little unit test with 4 simultaneous TFW; I get 75MB/s on that drive...

I don't see how their could be a bottleneck occurring watching a
single 12Mbit/s DVB-T stream...