[mythtv] Viewing Live TV Causes Recordings to be Moved to Live TV Group - Again

Jonas Arndt jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com
Thu Feb 27 15:51:14 UTC 2014

On 02/27/2014 08:36 AM, David Engel wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 08:06:45AM -0700, Jonas Arndt wrote:
>>> How do you trigger this problem? I look after a MythTV system for
>>> someone else and they have run into the problem a number of times.
>>> I was going to test the patch out on my own system, but first I
>>> tried to trigger the bad behaviour running without the patch,
>>> and was unable to. My system has more tuners. Perhaps that's relevant.
>> Reproduce:
>>
>>   * Watch a channel Live prior to a scheduled recording start on the
>>     same channel
>>   * When the scheduled recording starts you can notice two tuners being
>>     used (1 for the LiveTV and one for the Recording)
>>   * You can now stop or continue watching LiveTV, it doesn't affect the
>>     outcome
>>   * The scheduled recording ends up in the LiveTV Recording group and is
>>     not visible in Recorded Shows (unless you switch group)
>>
>> Don't these steps work for you Paul? For me I can reproduce it every
>> time by doing just that. I am on 0.27 with the 12045 patch applied.
>> I am running with 1 HDHomeRun Prime (cable) and 1 HDHomeRun
>> (antenna) so I have all together 5 tuners. The other symptom is that
>> after the second bullet you can't see the recording in the "Recorded
>> Shows" while the recording takes place, which you do for all other
>> recordings (i.e. recordings that are not to end up in the LiveTV
>> recording group). Then once the recording is done it remains in the
>> LiveTV recording group
> The problem doesn't always happen here.  Sometimes it works as
> expected with the live TV program in the Live TV group and the
> scheduled recording in its desired group.  When it doesn't work, I
> suspect the live TV entry is added second and incorrectly also updates
> the scheduled recording's entry.
>
> David
Thanks David. For me I never saw the outcome when it works as expected.
I have tried this at least 7-8 times now. I wonder what the triggers
could be for when it works. I have noticed that if I start watching
LiveTV just after the recording started, everything works as expected.
If it works every now and then it might be a race condition or similar.

Cheers,

// Jonas