[mythtv] mythutil --musicscan and "Music" SG?

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Tue Jan 21 13:54:07 UTC 2014

On 21 Jan 2014 10:19, "warpme" <warpme at o2.pl> wrote:

> Paul,
> I'm really happy MythMusic in fast way comes to usage of StorageGroups.
> In this context, I have question regarding mythutil --musicscan
> Looking on code I see
> QString getMusicDirectory(void)
> {
>     if (musicDirectory.isEmpty())
>     {
>         musicDirectory = gCoreContext->GetSetting("MusicLocation");
>         musicDirectory = QDir::cleanPath(musicDirectory);
>         if (!musicDirectory.isEmpty() && !musicDirectory.endsWith("/"))
>             musicDirectory += "/";
>     }
>
>     return musicDirectory;
> }
>
> If I'm reading it correctly, effectively it means that path taken by
musicscan comes from "old" MusicLocation DB field - not from SG "Music"
patch.
> This is also what I also observe during tests of this enhancement.
> IMHO more consistent will be to consider for common use of path from
Music SG in both: player (already works) and scanner (not works).
> What You think?
>
> br

It's a work in progress. The MusicLocation setting will be removed once
everything is switched to use storage groups.

I'm just trying to keep everything functional while switching things over
that's why a few things seem a little strange at the moment.

Paul H.