[mythtv] Fwd: MYTHTV -> GPL Violation (someone violating Mythtv GPL License)

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Jun 13 16:08:22 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-06-13 at 17:21 +0200, Warpme wrote:
> I already mention that I WILL provide sources - in ALL my
> messages/replays regarding this subject.

But you currently are not.  You currently are providing binaries for
which there is no source.  Even if you make updates to the source,
provide new binaries and publish it all tomorrow with the source, you
still have provided binaries for which there is no source and are still
in violation, IMHO (but IANAL).

IOW, just being in a position of saying "here are binaries, I will
publish source when I make some changes/clean it up/etc." you are in
violation because you have still provided a binary without the exact
source that creates the binary.  That you will publish source for some
future binary does not absolve the original binary without source.

> Done!

But you are still obligated and legally required to provide the source
to anyone who has downloaded the binaries that you have now removed.
That is toothpaste that is out of the tube (and can't go back in).  And
again, IMHO and IANAL.

b.