[mythtv] Feature patch #12168 - Extend IPTV recorder to support TS streams over HTTP

Torbjorn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Tue Jun 24 21:35:17 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-24 23:21, Lincoln Rogers wrote:

>> i've started to test this against 0.27 fixes and it doesn't work due to
>> the serviceid (program number) not being setup properly.
>> this was part of my old patch.
>>
>> when the backend tries to tune into the http ts stream it fails with:
>> DTVSigMon[3](): Program #0 not found in PAT!
>>
>> last time i had to extend iptv channel fetcher so it parsed
>> #EXTVLCOPT:program= from the m3u file and put that in the serviceid field
>> in the channel table.
>> i think this may have already been comited to master but not entirely
>> sure, i know i had some discussion with dekarl about this part.
>>
>> i've added this parsing manually for testing but there is one piece i dont
>> know where it is now and that is the part where SetDTVInfo is called with a
>> proper service id instead of a zero.
>> i think something needs to be changed in DTVChannel::SetChannelByString
>

> Hi Torbjorn,
>
> This functionality has been committed from your patch already I believe -
> see changeset 6e91c46696
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/6e91c46696ce6bbf56652e7301bbec53f127c3af/mythtv

that change appears to do be the missing piece.
this is not done in 0.27 fixes that i'm testing with so i guess i'll
have to see if i can back port that change.

> Have you run a channel scan recently? If you haven't since this
> functionality was added then the serviceid's won't have been entered into
> the database. You can check manually in the serviceid column of
> mythconverg.channel.

yes, the service id was in the database.
that was one of the first things i checked.

thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
i'll do some more testing and see if i can get it to work.