[mythtv] Python Bindings

Jay Merrifield fracmak at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 03:44:26 UTC 2014

Hey, I've been playing around with the python bindings, and I've been
noticing that a fair number of the bindings are out of date.

Example:

.GetRecorded()

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/bindings/python/MythTV/methodheap.py#L1172

calls

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/programs/mythbackend/services/dvr.h#L53

except there is no Descending parameter, and the endpoint bombs if ChanId
and StartTime aren't provied. I believe the bindings are supposed to point
to GetRecordedList() just like getExpiring points to getExpiringList().

Anyways, I already put forward a pull request for another set of bindings I
found wrong ( https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/69 ) and I was just
looking for some guidance before diving too deep into fixing the python
bindings. Any advice to speed up the acceptance of the pull requests? Is
there a preference of multiple small pull requests? or just one large pull
request resyncing everything I can find?

Jay