[mythtv] ringbuffer.cpp

Jonas Arndt jonas.arndt at thearndtfamily.com
Sat Mar 22 19:25:47 UTC 2014

On 03/22/2014 01:13 PM, Jonas Arndt wrote:
> JY,
>
> I put debug compiled binaries on the front-end. It states it dumped a
> core file, but nothing to be found. I have gone through the man core
> documentation and I can't find why it wouldn't write the core file. I
> even tried to run "mythfrontend.real --syslog local7" from an xterm
> and while it starts myth and says it generates a core when I try to
> watch a recording, the core can't be found. I also played with the
> apport system and after the crash there is a growing file
> /var/crash/_usr_bin_mythfrontend.real.1000.crash being generated. It
> grows up to almost 5 MB and then just end up being 86k. Don't know
> what is going on with that, but there is no stack trace after that.
>
> I am running mythbuntu, do you know why I could not get a core file?
> XBMC has no issue generating one.
>
> Cheers,
>
> // Jonas
Sorry, I used another email client and it put the text on top. No need
to tell me about the list rules about top posting, I know, it was a mistake!

I also fixed the core generation thing. Apparently a ulimit issue. I
will be back with a backtrace later. What is the typical way you share a
backtrace on the list?

Cheers,

// Jonas