[mythtv] Fwd: [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jyavenard. v0.28-pre-1024-g9cba5e2

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Thu Mar 27 01:25:46 UTC 2014

At 8:10 AM +1100 3/27/14, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>On Thursday, March 27, 2014, Craig Treleaven
><<mailto:ctreleaven at cogeco.ca>ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>I did notice a error mixed in the console output from the frontend:
>
>libpng warning: iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited
>
>No idea what that means or if it is even relevant.
>
>It is very relevant. It's unable to open whatever image is provided.
>
>The image is received, what is displayed on the screen means there's
>either no image or an invalid image or an image format not
>recognised.

Is it possible that the image isn't complete or is malformed so way?
The logging indicates it is transferred in 1428 byte chunks.  Is it
possible that the last chunk is being dropped or padded and therefore
is malformed?

>What version of libpng is the bundled frontend using now?  MacPorts
>has the current release:
>
>Then bundler do not use a custom libpng. That's all part of qt and
>the default imageformat plugins.
>
>Are you sure you installed the correct qt imageformat plugin for png images?

The theme images are .png files and they display without error.  I
presume that also goes through the Qt code so it would suggest that's
not the problem.

>In any case, the issue is in your court.

For crying out loud, you are awfully quick to dismiss my results.  I
picked up these changes because I spend my (limited) time reading the
-commits list.  I spent more of that time building and testing the
code on four different frontends with multiple iOS devices as sources.

Just how many other users have confirmed that your code works in
their environment.  Any?

I appreciate that you adapted this code from XBMC and have done the
work to bring it to Myth.  Why don't you give me the same courtesy
with the testing I'm doing?

Craig