[mythtv] Fwd: [mythtv-commits] mythtv branch master updated by jyavenard. v0.28-pre-1024-g9cba5e2

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Mar 28 14:16:27 UTC 2014

Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> says:
> And I still need to get all the python and perl bindings for the
> frontend anyway for things like metadata retrieval to work...

Speaking as one with no need for mythbackend on OS X, I use Craig's
MacPorts version (still on 0.26) instead of your bundled application
solely because of this reason. Working metadata retrieval is more than
enough compensation for the lack of "proper" OS X iconified
application behavior.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz + 1.5TB|MacBook Pro 2.4GHz
Backend:		Quad-core Xeon 1.6GHz, 9.3TB in JBOD