[mythtv] Upgrade database from command line

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Sun Sep 7 06:19:37 UTC 2014

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 1:27 AM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:

> It seems unnecessary to make the user download a few GB just to upgrade
> the DB.

Agreed... the schema update code should be completely independent of the
mythtv code in my mind.  A separate command line utility that could be
kicked off by the package manager upon mythtv upgrade would be awesome.
 Mythtv could still call it when it starts if it detects an outdated
schema... but having it as separate code would be handy for some, and more
elegant in my mind.  Especially if it were complete, such that it could
upgrade from 0.19 to current and anything in between (just specify the
schema version).