[mythtv-firehose] mythtv/mythtv-rec2 commit: 78fa022a1 by Daniel Kristjansson (daniel-kristjansson)

MythTV noreply at mythtv.org
Tue Jun 28 02:02:17 UTC 2011

      Author:  Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net>
 Change Date:  2011-06-27T19:01:52-07:00
   Push Date:  2011/06/27 19:02:13 -0700
  Repository:  mythtv
      Branch:  mythtv-rec2
New Revision:  78fa022a1263fc8527950278498bce613dd9669b
   Changeset:  https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/78fa022a1

Log:

Tries to limit RemoteFile checking of mounted DVD/BD discs to only be done when absolutely necessary.

The problem is that RemoteFile checks can be very slow and as done in master checks for /VIDEO_TS and /BDMV in remote filesystems are sometimes done quite frequently. Since these are also performed in the Qt UI thread they also prevent the screen from being drawn. In mythtv-rec2 I just disabled these completely a long time ago, but since that isn't really an acceptible solution for everyone this changeset instead limits remotefile checks to when they might be necessary (just before we try to play back a DVD or BD or video file.) This could be further optimized by not checking if the file ends in known video file extension, and/or by adding a single backend command that checks if a path is a BD or DVD path. But as is this already avoids hundreds of calls backend queries in the UI thread in exhange for at most two just before playing back a video.

Modified:

   mythtv/libs/libmyth/programinfo.cpp
   mythtv/libs/libmyth/programinfo.h
   mythtv/libs/libmythbase/util.cpp