[Mythtv-soc] MythWeb UI Rewrite: Status Report 08/18/06

Nikolas Stephan nikolas.stephan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 15:46:37 UTC 2006

I've spent a lot of time doing small UI things to make MythWeb look better
as well as more consisten and make it easier for people making new skins to
do so. Is still a lot that can be done but I think I've made a good start.
Along with that I commited the first version of the new skin called "soc"
which is pretty much identical to the current default layout wise but is
generally a lot brighter and nicer in my eyes. Suppose that's a matter of
taste though. It's already very usable but I will probably still be changing
some things like the odd color etc.

I have also done a little work on the movies module which I hadn't touched
so far and more importantly the music module. Beside fixing a few errors I
have put some serious work into getting the playlist functionality to a
usable state. I am quite confident that I will be able to wrap the main work
on the playlist stuff up before the deadline.

When SoC is over I will be doing some other work for a while and then resume
work around the middle of September to finish off some of the things that
aren't currently working properly (eg. animated scrolling in the tv guide).
Am definitely planning on continuing to contribute to MythWeb (and hopefully
MythTV once my C++ has gotten a bit better) as much as my other obligations
allow in future.