[Mythtv-soc] Autoconfiguration Status

Kenny Root kenny at the-b.org
Sat Jun 3 03:29:29 UTC 2006

I've got all the Bean factories created and the WAR
deploys cleanly with Jakarta Struts. I'm having some
trouble with singleton synchronization.. oh wait, wrong
project! :-)

This past week I've been working on card
autoconfiguration. I've got a system down that works
pretty well and I'm cleaning up my code. Right now I'm
reading /sys/class/video4linux/videoX/name to determine
the device type if it exists.

I've drafted a letter to Zap2it to ask them for some APIs
for turning the channels on and off on the listing
download.   From the people I talked to that's one of the
most annoying things to get synchronized between the
MythTV configuration and the Zap2it configuration. It's
fairly US-centric, I know, but it could help other
countries in the future if they get a similar system.

I haven't checked out my personal branch yet, but that's
what I'm going to be working on this weekend. I'll be
committing some code to SVN probably the middle of next
week.

Kenny Root