[Mythtv-soc] Autoconfiguration Status

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Jun 3 15:17:42 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 22:29 -0500, Kenny Root wrote:
> I've drafted a letter to Zap2it to ask them for some APIs
> for turning the channels on and off on the listing
> download.   From the people I talked to that's one of the
> most annoying things to get synchronized between the
> MythTV configuration and the Zap2it configuration. It's
> fairly US-centric, I know, but it could help other
> countries in the future if they get a similar system.
Actually, MythTV in svn can already do this. I wrote a
little screen scraper that interfaces with the website.
This is used by the mythfrontend channel editor ('E' in
LiveTV). All that is needed is a UI for adding/deleting
channels based on changed listings.

It would be nice to have this in the zap2it webservice
API. Just like it would be nice to do the zap2it signup
through the webservice API, but they are a bit slow to
implement things there. There was a survey question about
the sign-up many moons ago.

-- Daniel