[Mythtv-soc] MythExport Status Report 2006.06.14

Jason Scott Musits jmusits at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 22:44:53 UTC 2006

I'm sending out my status report for this week a couple days early since
I will be without internet access from Thursday until Monday.

This week I have spent my time doing more research on video containers
esp. the NuppelVideo container that MythTV uses.  I have not found much
documentation and I will be emailing Chutt, Captain_Murdoch and Geoff
Hausheer when I get back from Missouri, with a short list of questions I
have as to how MythTV handles A/V sync issues and the format and codecs
that NUV files use.

I have also been working on porting the MPEG2->MPEG2 conversion portion
of MythTranscode into my project and hope to have a working
implementation sometime next week.

On my TODO list: once I get MPEG2->MPEG2 conversion done, converting a
NUV file to a MPEG2, XviD etc., converting from MPEG2 to XviD, AVI etc.
and figuring out the commercial cutting and A/V sync issues with those
file formats.

Right now I am not sure whether it would be best to convert everything
to a MPEG2 file first and then run mpeg2fix on that and finally
converting to the desired format, or if we can fix A/V sync issues and
do commercial cutting on the other formats.  I would hope to be able to
achieve the A/V sync correction and commercial cutting without having to
use mpeg2fix for all files, making it general enough to work with all
file formats, this saving encoding time.  However once I get
MPEG2->MPEG2 conversions nailed down I may use the
source->MPEG2->Corrected MPEG2->destination sequence to have a working
(albeit hackish) implementation while I continue to work on the
exportation of other file formats.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions and/or criticism would be
appreciated.

Cheers,

Jason

P.S. Although I will not have net access for a few days, my laptop will
be with me and I will be working on the project.  See you all next week.