[Mythtv-soc] Multiuser Status report (6/23/2006)

Anastasiya Soboleva agsoboleva at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 23 21:03:16 UTC 2006

Hello everyone.

The main goal for this week was organizing transfer of
user name and password from client (mythfrontend) to
server (mythbackend). Server checks if entered user
name exist in table “account” and if entered password
is correct. Then server return response to client. All
further operations client will perform as logged user.

For this next changes have been done:
1. Some methods (FindUser()… ) were added to user
account classes;
2. I added column accountid into settings table by
using method doUpgradeTVDatabaseSchema(), for binding
parameters from this table with user account. By this
we will made this parameters dependent on user.
3. I added in global context class MythContextPrivate
(libmyth) property “current user”. And I add methods
in class MythContext for work with this property.
4. I changed global context methods
(MythContext::GetSetting(),
MythContext::SetSetting()), so they able to consider
who is current user.
5. I added in class MainServer (mythbackend) two
commands: SET_ACCOUNT and ADD_ACCOUNT. First one is to
check user name and password, and another one is for
adding new user into data base.
6. I added two new handlers for commands mentioned
above: HandleSetAccount() and HandleAddAccount()

All this changes I have committed to my branch
“multiuser” on svn.mythtv.org

Next week I am going to continue correcting
MythContext methods realization to make parameters
dependent on user. Beside this I am going to revise
another classes and methods
related with using table “settings” and other user
dependent settings.
Also I will realize by adding new user if he was
already added. I will implement REMOVE_ ACCOUNT
command for deleting user account.
After this I will implement accounts permissions.

I will be glad to hear any comments or notices.

best regards,
Anastasiya.