[mythtv-theming] coverfile vs screenshot

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 17 23:26:00 UTC 2009

On 08/17/2009 07:17 PM, paul10 wrote:
>> Bind a key to SCREENSHOT in the TV Playback context using MythControls.
>> Then, hit that key during playback or when paused. Then, check
>> $HOME/.mythtv for the screenshot image.
>>
> I've done this, and it reports "screenshot taken successfully."  Can't find
> the thing though :-).  My $HOME is set to my home directory (/home/paul),
> but in .mythtv there is no screenshot.  Would this be the home directory of
> the user that the frontend is running under, or the $HOME of the backend?
> Is there any other variable anywhere that controls it that I may have
> overwritten?

It should be the HOME of the user running mythfrontend.  Note that some
distros have start scripts that change the HOME environment variable to
refer to some directory that's not in /home before starting myth apps,
so really, you'll have to check out how your mythfrontend is started to
know for sure where it is.

Mike