[mythtv-theming] Theming for the new 'Theme Chooser' screen

Elkin Fricke managementboy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 08:41:24 UTC 2010

Hi,

if I understand the changesets 25002 and 25003 correctly, we now have
a place to select Themes to be downloaded and installed within
MythFrontend. First of all thanks for this cool new feature!

I have a few questions:

- How can independent Theme Developers like myself submit their work
to this new repository? Is this even planed?
- Can the "author", "version" (major, minor), "baseres" and "errata"
from the themeinfo.xml be added to the screen too? I saw some
screenshots at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/443230
that indicated that some of these where possible. Nice would be to be
able to have a statetype to show if the theme is UI and/or OSD
(feature request without patch).
- can the Theme Developer somehow state which screens have been
themed? I mean, something like a percentage completed or a list of
plugins supported by the theme? or should this be done by writing
these issues into the description field of themeinfo.xml?

Cheers,

Elkin