[mythtv-theming] Arclight and the OSD

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 20:57:10 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM,  <junos7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 12:10 PM,  <junos7 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >>
>> > Nope. The fading still does not work. But, I'm fairly sure it's not a
>> > theming related issue.
>>
>> It's not.  Usually this shows up when using the VDPAU slim profile,
>> but since you say you are using Xv, it may also be a limitation when
>> using softblend.
>>
> Umm, okay.. It has worked before, so it's no hw-issue. I have tried many
> different combinations, ie. xvMC, libmpeg2, chromakey etc, but no
> improvement on the fading. Have not compiled VDPAU support at all... Also
> the tuning-in in general takes 5-6 secs, which is somewhat frustrating. The
> OSD comes first on a black background, stays for a few seconds. Then, when
> it should fade,  the channel is tuned in and the OSD vanishes without
> fading...

Worked before doesn't necessarily mean anything in .24's OSD.  It has
been completely, 100% rewritten, along with much of the video player.
Just because fading worked on Xv before does not necessarily mean that
it will now.  There were performance and technical reasons for lots of
changes, particularly as relates to the way threading works in the
player.

Yes, please move your question to the users list.  I would guess (I
cannot ask the OSD dev since he is not awake at this hour) that Xv
will no longer support fade as of .24.

Robert