[mythtv-theming] Theme downloader site updated for trunk/master.

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Dec 27 05:09:30 UTC 2010

* On Mon Dec 20, 2010 at 03:32:45PM +0100, Robert Siebert wrote:
> my most uptodate script is on the one from the wiki.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Blue_Abstract_Theme
>

> ftp://miroku.no-ip.com/blue-abstract-wide.2010.11.25.tar.bz2

Not trying to pick on you in particular, but I did start replying
to this email and then decide just to put up some notes on the
wiki.

I've started a page to detail what's required for including in
the theme download site:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ThemeChooser

Yours, and a few others, need to have a LICENSE file added to
indicate which license the theme is being distributed under.
Also, if there are any images or fonts which are already covered
under a different license which allows redistribution, those must
be detailed in the LICENSE file as well.

Also, for anyone who is distributing tarballs instead of using a
git or subversion repository, I'll need to know which MythTV
version the tarball is supposed to work with.  Unless otherwise
indicated, I'll include a theme in the 'master' download area,
but in order for it to be listed in the download area for a
released version, I need to know it's supposed to be compatible
with that MythTV version to the best of the author's knowledge.

I'm working on a validation script as well.  I plan on running
at least the XML validation on v0.24 themes before I upload them
to the site, but in the future this validation script would
probably also check other things.

--
Chris