[mythtv-theming] Adding a value to a page using the themes

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Thu Feb 18 18:49:50 UTC 2010

Johnny Walker wrote:
> Ok so I had this idea to add the next scheduled recording for a
> program to the Watch Recordings screen - when you're highlghting the
> group name and not a specific episode. There seems in that instance to
> be this unused screen real estate and I thought it would a decent
> feature to look into adding.
>
> So I read the theming documentation and the following theme pages:
>
> /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/Mythbuntu/recordings-ui.xml
> /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/Mythbuntu/schedule-ui.xml
>
> But it seems that if I want MythUi to fill in a textarea based on a
> value for a program I would need to add that value to the ProgramInfo::ToMap
> method so that it's an available value. Is that true?
>
> -JohnnyJboss

You can't do what you wont simply by editing a theme you would have to
write some code to first find the details of the next recording and then
update the text areas as appropriate. You don't _have_ to use a map to
update the text areas you can also use SetText() but the easiest way if
you have a ProgramInfo with the correct details is to use the ToMap method.

Paul H.