[mythtv-theming] Arclight / Questions

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 19:15:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:11 AM, John Boyle <justbe.john at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. In base.xml there's a multiline attribute for textedit (line 1609). Based
> on the documentation this is only used with the textarea section, correct?

Correct.  The multiline attribute is there as a reminder to me to
convert the multiline version of my textedit to use it when it's done.
 It is currently ignored.

> 2. I've noticed with a couple of the MythUI themes, including Arclight,
> there's a bit of an issue editing playlists. If the playlist is already
> active when I enter mythmusic I can edit the songs in the playlist. However,
> if I select the playlist then go to edit it I get:
>       Track, Error: putYourselfOnTheListView() called when my_widget already
> exists.
> Reading a bit and looking through the music-ui files it seems the mythmusic
> port is in progress and the screens are a bit of a hodge-podge. In the
> meantime, what could I do for a workaround?

Arclight only themes MythUI windows (the non-MythUI portions are just
copy-pastes from default) so any issue in a non-MythUI screen is
shared with default.  I don't plan to touch these screens until they
are MythUI.

> 3. Possibly a silly question, but is there a way to set a global percentage
> for some attribute and have all attributes of that type reference it.
> Specifically, it would be nice to be able to set a global transparency level
> in % and have all the alpha attributes reference it as a multiplier of its
> value.

Not possible, though you can simply set alpha values as you like on
all your base.xml widgets and inherit them, modifying the alpha when
necessary in the child version.

Robert