[mythtv-theming] [mythtv-users] MythCenter-wide theme customization

Kevon mythtv at reidsresidence.com
Wed Apr 13 23:36:44 UTC 2011

On 04/12/2011 11:51 PM, jedi wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 09:36:34PM -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Kevon <mythtv at reidsresidence.com> wrote:
>>> I am trying to customize the MythCenter-wide theme but I am not having
>>> much luck finding the setting I want to change. I am using the list mode
>>> in myth video and some of my seasons with very long name does not show
>>> the season/episode number in the top right. I would like to display the
>>> season/episode number in the bottom left as well (left of the video
>>> image, just above the video info). Anyone know where in the xml file I
>>> need to modify to add this feature?
>>
>> I'm not a theming expert but I ran into the same general issue. What
>> you have to do is find out if what you're trying to change is part of
>> the "end" theme or inherited from a "base" theme.
>>
>> I'm not using the correct terminology but hopefully that helps.
>>
>> I believe MythCenter-wide gets a lot of it's configuration from
>> default-wide. You can choose to change it there or override it in
>
>     Yes. MythCenter-wide "inherits" from default-wide. You will have
> to start working in there first. The MythVideo bits that MythCenter-wide
> uses are in there.
>
>     If you are going to tinker around with themes, you should create your
> own versions so that your own mods don't get blown away by any updates.
>
> [deletia]

Thanks for the pointers. I think i found what I am looking for in the
video-ui.xml in the defualt-wide directory. This the section I think
controls the Video List display.
<window name="tree">
        <textarea name="breadcrumbs" from="basetextarea">
            <area>50,20,1180,40</area>
        </textarea>

        <buttontree name="videos">
            <area>40,50,1200,310</area>
            <numlists>3</numlists>
            <spacing>10</spacing>
            <buttonlist name="listtemplate" from="basebuttonlist" />
        </buttontree>

        <textarea name="title" from="basetextarea">
            <area>40,400,1200,40</area>
        </textarea>

         <textarea name="s##e##" from="basetextarea">
             <area>50,380,400,30</area>
         </textarea>

         <textarea name="subtitle" from="basetextarea">
             <area>50,420,400,30</area>
         </textarea>

Anyone know what is going on here? I was looking for something to the
effect of "Title #x# - Subtitle" in the top right and
"Title"
"Subtile"
in the bottom left.

What does the numbers in the <area> represents?