[mythtv-theming] problem with buttonlist rendering

Federico Ferri federico.ferri at yahoo.it
Thu Feb 3 16:33:36 UTC 2011

Hi everybody

yesterday i update my system at home to last trunk version (i don't remember which version nr now..) and i notice a big problem with my theme (A Forest).

I check it with my MediaCenter at home, and with my laptop now (update today with v0.25pre-1090-g13722d7); laptop i usually use to develop.

Many buttonlists have rendering problem. The text was all pushed on the left, cut and it finish with many horizontal line on the right, just like a brushstroke.

I fixed the theme adding the area tag to the <statetype> in buttonlist, texedit and so on...

eg.:

    <statetype name="buttonitem">
+       <area>0,0,100%,100%</area>

I've realized now that many themes (default, mythbuntu....)  In some place (not everywhere) have this behaviour if they have long string in buttonlist.

@Chris Pinkham
A-Forest theme should be re-packaged with the fix. ThankYou!!!

Bye.
Federico