[mythtv-theming] Random fanart

Elkin Fricke managementboy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 13:21:39 UTC 2011

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Eric Smith <erictsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've begun work on a new theme and am considering the use of "random
>> fanart" on some of the menu screens.  In my local installation this works
>> fine by just pointing an imagetype at the path to my fanart directory, but
>> is there a more universal way of doing this?
>>

> No.  Fanart is only supported on a per-window basis (Specifically in
> MythGame, MythVideo, and Watch Recordings, and only in the context of the
> selected item), and nowhere in the menus at present.
> Robert

Hi Robert,

I also like the idea that Eric suggested. If I get him right, all we
themers would need is a way to use the "template" tag to tell
mythfrontend that the imagetype path is the one from the storage group
"banners", "fanart" etc. I guess it could look like this.

<imagetype name="random-fanart">
    <filename>%SG-FANART%</filename>
</imagetype>

Should I place this into the wiki as a feature request?

Cheers,

Elkin