[mythtv-theming] menu-ui.xml - valid variables, names in textarea

Petr Palacký petr at palacky.net
Sun Feb 20 11:40:05 UTC 2011

Hi,

where can I find list of valid variables and/or names that can be used in
textareas on the menu screen?

I am able to display "description" of selected menu button, but I want to
display also "text" or "alttext" (which is defined in mainmenu.xml) but
outside of button - is this possible?

Example:
       Menu item 1
     [ Menu item 2 ] => selected button
       Menu item 3
       Menu item 4
"text" or "alttext" => here I want to have title of selected button ("Menu
item 2" in this case), but how can I do this?
"description" => here is description of selected button. This is OK using
<textarea name="description">

I have tried many textarea names
like "text", "alttext", "buttontext", "title", "buttontitle" but with no
success.

I have one more question:
Is it possible to import text into textarea using output of defined script or
program?

Eg.:

Thank you very much for your help
--

Best regards
--

Outgoing message is virus free
because we are using Linux.

Debian GNU/Linux 5.0.8, kernel 2.6.26-2-686.