[mythtv-theming] Theme downloader site updated for trunk/master.

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Jan 18 18:03:00 UTC 2011

* On Tue Jan 18, 2011 at 05:58:48PM +0100, Robert Siebert wrote:
> good to know. I guess I have to setup my git server to allow public
> pulls.

Or setup a mirror on github.com or a similar external site.  I also
don't mind tarballs, the script does an "if not modified" check, and is
also intelligent about not regenerating thumbnails, etc. if the theme
hasn't been modified.

> Other than that I'd like to inform you about the two new theme
> versions 1.3 and 1.4 of the blue abstract theme. The zips and
> information are on the wiki site. I hope you can add these versions.

The theme chooser only allows downloading the latest version, it is
not setup to allow downloading of older versions of a theme.  The
main reasons against it are that it makes the code more complex and
it consumes more disk space on the FTP mirror that OSU provides.  I'll
think about it and see if there's an easy way to allow users to revert
to an older version if they desire.  I think it will probably be better
to just handle this on the client side and backup their old version
when they install a new version, so we can easily flip the switch back
if the new version has issues.

I updated my script to package your 1.4 version.  Thanks.

--
Chris